HomePhabricator

RFC Meeting: Standardise on how to access/register JavaScript interfaces (2016-02-24, #wikimedia-office)
ActivePublic

Hosted by daniel on Feb 24 2016, 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM.

Description

See the Architecture meetings page for more general information about this meeting (also: Phab query: list of upcoming RFC meetings, Phab query: list of all RFC meetings).

Recurring Event

Event Series
This event is an instance of E66: ArchCom RFC Meeting Wxx: <topic TBD> (<see "Starts" field>, #wikimedia-office), and repeats every week.

Event Timeline

RobLa-WMF renamed this event from RFC Meeting: <topic TBD> (<see "Starts" field>, #wikimedia-office) to RFC Meeting: Assign RFCs to ArchCom shepherds (2016-02-24, #wikimedia-office).Feb 13 2016, 6:31 PM
RobLa-WMF updated the event description. (Show Details)
Scott_WUaS invited: ; uninvited: .Feb 13 2016, 8:35 PM
RobLa-WMF updated the event description. (Show Details)Feb 22 2016, 5:26 AM

Looking through the notes from last week, I believe T108655 is what TechCom agreed to for this week. @Catrope, is that right?

RobLa-WMF renamed this event from RFC Meeting: Assign RFCs to ArchCom shepherds (2016-02-24, #wikimedia-office) to RFC Meeting: Standardise on how to access/register JavaScript interfaces (2016-02-24, #wikimedia-office).Feb 22 2016, 5:30 AM

Yes, that's right. Apologies for dropping the ball on this one.

No worries, @Catrope, and thanks for stepping up!

3:04 PM <wm-labs-meetbot> Minutes: https://tools.wmflabs.org/meetbot/wikimedia-office/2016/wikimedia-office.2016-02-24-22.04.html
3:04 PM <wm-labs-meetbot> Minutes (text): https://tools.wmflabs.org/meetbot/wikimedia-office/2016/wikimedia-office.2016-02-24-22.04.txt
3:04 PM <wm-labs-meetbot> Minutes (wiki): https://tools.wmflabs.org/meetbot/wikimedia-office/2016/wikimedia-office.2016-02-24-22.04.wiki
3:04 PM <wm-labs-meetbot> Log: https://tools.wmflabs.org/meetbot/wikimedia-office/2016/wikimedia-office.2016-02-24-22.04.log.html

#wikimedia-office: RFC meeting

Meeting started by TimStarling at 22:04:38 UTC.

Meeting summary

  • Standardise on how to access/register JavaScript interfaces | RFC meeting | Please note: Channel is logged and publicly posted (DO NOT REMOVE THIS NOTE) | Logs: http://bots.wmflabs.org/~wm-bot/logs/%23wikimedia-office/ (TimStarling, 22:05:15)
    • LINK: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T108655 (TimStarling, 22:05:59)
    • AGREED: LAST CALL: backwards-compatible introduction of module.exports and require() (TimStarling, 23:01:51)
    • LINK: https://people.wikimedia.org/~gwicke/bikeshed.svg (gwicke, 23:02:07)
    • CommonJS compatibility if at all possible (TimStarling, 23:02:33)
    • module object members are not preferred as a public interface but the object may have some private properties (TimStarling, 23:03:05)
    • ACTION: RoanKattouw will write a summary on the task (RoanKattouw, 23:04:19)

Meeting ended at 23:04:35 UTC.

Action items, by person

  • RoanKattouw
    • RoanKattouw will write a summary on the task

People present (lines said)

  • RoanKattouw (106)
  • Krinkle (39)
  • gwicke (27)
  • TimStarling (24)
  • Ricordisamoa (8)
  • YairRand (6)
  • aude (5)
  • DanielK_WMDE_ (4)
  • wm-labs-meetbot (3)
  • James_F (3)
  • bd808 (2)
  • legoktm (1)

Generated by MeetBot_ 0.1.4

daniel renamed this event from RFC Meeting: Standardise on how to access/register JavaScript interfaces (2016-02-24, #wikimedia-office) to ArchCom RFC Meeting Wxx: <topic TBD> (<see "Starts" field>, #wikimedia-office).Nov 21 2016, 6:11 PM
daniel changed the host of this event from RobLa-WMF to daniel.
daniel uninvited: Scott_WUaS.
daniel updated the event description. (Show Details)
daniel updated the event description. (Show Details)Dec 9 2016, 7:45 AM
daniel renamed this event from ArchCom RFC Meeting Wxx: <topic TBD> (<see "Starts" field>, #wikimedia-office) to RFC Meeting: Standardise on how to access/register JavaScript interfaces (2016-02-24, #wikimedia-office).