On the Beta-Cluster-Infrastructure, only parsoid and cxserver are automatically deployed on post merge. More services are being added and we need a common solution to auto deploy them on post merge.
Things to talk about:
- explain how it is done currently (beta cluster instances are made Jenkins slave)
- what to deploy? master branch of source repo or the stable deploy repos
- switch to git-deploy/Trebuchet to match production?
- how to setup and use git-deploy on labs/beta-cluster
- We aren't going to use git-deploy to deploy services (automatically) in Beta Cluster
- Services will all run from master in Beta Cluster (not their "deploy" branch).
- RelEng will setup Jenkins Jobs to update all services we already have.
- Marko work with Alexandros on deciding whether to put all services on SCA01 or separately (choose one)
- Figure out LDAP search to map which service is running on which instance and the which instance is running which service
- Update (Beta Cluster?) documentation on Wikitech on how to add a service and how to update a service
- npm modules should be specified/fixed in packages.json and use npm install on Beta Cluster
- auto commit that set of dependencies ???