As a Wikipedia editor I want to see highlighted wikisyntax while editing articles in sourcecode mode.
- wikEd is doing something similar - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cacycle/wikEd (gadget enabled by 55,953 accounts as of April 2014)
- Codeeditor exists but doesn't support wikitext. - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CodeEditor
- CodeMirror exists - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CodeMirror
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Remember_the_dot/Syntax_highlighter (gadget enabled by 3,228 accounts as of April 2014)
- https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Schnark/js/syntaxhighlight (improved version of Remember_the_dot's?)
- https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hjelp:AceWikiEditor - a fork of Extension:CodeEditor (This one is outdated, and was disabled 13. juli 2014)
This task is #20 in the 2015 Community Wishlist survey.
This has also been one of the top 20 requests of the technical wishes survey in de-wiki in 2015