New Web APIs hub is ready for 3rd party developers.
A process for contributing documentation exists.
BUT Blueprint skin available only in prototype, not mediawiki.org, due to lack of UX resources and community resistance.
- @Spage (previously in Engineering Community) was on loan from Reading to work on this goal.
- @Volker_E (Reading Design) went beyond call of duty volunteering many fixes to Blueprint skin.
- Plan to keep writing documentation based on explicit needs from developers using our APIs.
- UX refresh priority demoted as long as UX resources are not committed.
This task is closed as a quarterly goal. The open blockers will be pursued on their own priorities.
The prototype on http://devhub.wmflabs.org/wiki/Dev:Data_and_developer_hub for T307: Announcing the Developer Hub prototype release is a short-term solution.
The goal is a coherent experience for third-party developers, whether entering from
It would help if T93610: Put WikimediaUI Style Guide on mediawiki.org was a priority for other teams, since it shares dependencies.
Measurement of success
- New Developer Hub available in mediawiki.org with basic content and coherent user experience.
- Community process to propose and contribute documentation.
- Blueprint maintainers (Reading Design)
- mediawiki.org community (fuzzy)
Relation with WMF Call to Action
EXPERIMENT: support innovation & new knowledge