While examining labstore1001, I've found that it is an unpuppetized mess, with lots of scripts and config files having edited/copied locally. What's even worse is that many of these have been copied to labstore1002(!), a fresh jessie installation, as well.
hese need to be fixed ASAP and never happen again, it's entirely unacceptable to have such config locally to the machine (and even more so, copied around to a second machine).
I've found at least the following:
- /etc/exports.d/ROOT.exports & /etc/exports.d/PUBLIC.exports
- /etc/default/nfs-kernel-server (the version is puppet does not match what's installed)
- /usr/local/sbin/storage-replicate, /usr/local/sbin/storage-snapshot
- /usr/local/sbin/manage-volumes-daemon (probably obsolete due to manage-nfs-volumes-daemon)?
- a /root full of test scripts and test output
After this is done, I'd propose to cleanly reformat labstore1002 and do not apply anything manually before putting it in production, to make sure we haven't forgot anything on the old machine.