Goal: find content platform use cases that are informative for the discussion
Please be bold and update the description directly.
Graphoid graphs: T98872
- graph definitions stored in page properties
- synchronous update on save
- ids based on hash of definition *and* data (data = transcluded JSON)
- hitting size limitations
- graph definitions can be large, too large for URL; use POST for VE preview?
- need to re-render graphs when data changes
- currently handled implicitly by transcluding the data (which adds template links)
- HTML of each post in externalstore
- changes injected into recentchanges
- custom link tables for dependency tracking
- need to maintain custom tables, updates
- transclusions in HTML not being updated
Mobile app service
- massaged HTML and JSON metadata
- on each main article HTML change
- on Wikidata item / metadata change
- HTML and data-parsoid (RESTBase)
- for section editing, need a full set of references, possibly page metadata (todo)
- templatedata: versioning relative to templates?
- HTML / data-parsoid updated with RESTBase update jobs
- fairly inefficient: full pages re-rendered, about 50% of re-renders actually don't change any text at all
- templatedata: suggest update if the signature of the template changes?
Lead images (reading / mobile)
Which image is the one that describes the article best?
- image name, possibly focus area
- needs update if the image is no longer in the article, or the image is deleted
- can remain the same on most article edits
Who touched this content last?
- metadata mapping from content id (stable ids + offset?) to original revision / author
- needs to be automatically updated on each edit
- structured data (author, license, subject, derivative, etc)
- associated with file / file description
- should be integrated with history of file description page
- upload history should be integrated too
- can be shown using templates on the description page and/or using a generic data view
- can be edited inline using VE, as well as via a wikidata-like data editor
ProofreadPage Page: pages
- used by Wikisource
- three wikitext areas and metadata (see see T48724)
- should be editable with VE