- style – obviously not yet implemented, important
- class – not yet implemented
- id – not yet implemented, used in URL, not only for decoration – All three DONE in 043969f84eb5.
- When highlight was used in GeSHi, the entire line was marked until right margin. – DONE in 48bf989cadb9.
- Currently only graphical characters get background.
- Short code items are hard to find among many long lines when scrolling down.
- They should become obvious in the rightmost area again.
- line was used to mark (e.g. bold) every 5th line.
I am happy with the new inline parameter, which makes functionality clear, and discouraging any further usage of enclose – eh, enclose what why how?
- inline should avoid line breaks by <code style="white-space: nowrap"
- The code is framed, and it looks ugly to end a line with an open box and continue with an incomplete frame on next line.
- This goes for any <code> in wikitext, btw.
- <code> sequences are dedicated to few words, a short statement, which should always fit into one line; the current one, else next line.
- It isn’t helpful to have a line break between else and if when such syntax is explained.
- highlight might always trigger line mode.
- It is hard to count lines when no line numbers are provided.
- Readers won’t complain about better orientation.
I do support T29531 which might utilize the id of the entire block, wrt to attributes and HTML issues in this task.