As an engineer I want a development staging environment so that I can code review and merge my patches from development and have them publicly visible without being bound to the release cycle.
As a tech lead / product owner I want to be able to functionally test (QA) patches in an environment without them being bound to the release cycle, so that I can sign off on them and control when they go to the release production environment (beta cluster).
- A development environment is set up with our extensions and dependencies.
- How it was set up, and where it is, is publicly documented on-wiki.
- Any engineer knows how to set one of these up or clean it up in case of mess-up.
- Development is redirected to the development branch (gerrit patches merge to development).
- Development env auto-updates from the development branch continuously and stays in sync with the top of the HEAD of development.
- Environment is filled with sample pages/articles.
Related: T100296 [EPIC] Create a formal release process for MobileFrontend/Gather