Things to think about:
- What will be different about the WMDS in 2016?
- Who will be invited? Who will not?
- Will it be optional for WMF Engineering?
- How many and which 3rd party developers?
- How many and which engineering community members?
- New tracks?
ECT and EMGT will need to work together figure out event focus and how to make the event useful, worthwhile and impactful.
How do we ensure people who attend have a plan to contribute and add value back into the event. Many people at last years event did not run sessions or contribute to discussions but instead were head down on laptops throughout the entire event. Is this OK? Could those people join remotely instead?
We also need to define and contract social events, meals and transportation plans.
What event support is needed?
Widen or narrow focus of event?
- 14 Sep 2015: Announcement, main themes, open registration, call for participation.
- 2 Oct 2015: Application deadline for keynotes, RFCs, main room sessions, and tracks.
- 6 Nov 2015: Initial agenda.
- 4 Dec 2015: RFCs and main room schedule freeze. Schedule for breakout rooms remains open and self-managed.
- 4-6 Jan 2015: Wikimedia Developer Summit in San Francisco.