In order to gather feedback from users to inform Reading's strategy we want to have a mechanism to poll a % of users on mobile and desktop about various matters.
Such polls will appear in-article (after lead section or infobox) to ask the users.
There are two types of surveys:
- Banner with link to external poll.
- Banner with question and answers.
- Develop a banner with a link to an external poll that we'll be able to activate with config variables.
- Develop a banner with Q+Answers that we'll be able to activate with config and that will log to MediaWiki-extensions-EventLogging
- Polls can be configured needing minimal development effort.
- Polls can be bucketed to a % of users.
- Polls can be bucketed to specific actions/events like saving an edit or cancelling an edit, to allow T89970.
- Polls can be shown in the mobile and/or desktop site depending on configuration.
- Polls can be time boxed to a period of time via configuration.