This index may be useful for debugging purposes or when trying to contact the maintainers of a tool account. But it seems a bit out of place to put that on the front-page.
For discovery of web services it isn't very useful in is current form:
- Too inflexible for tool authors to present themselves.
- Contains many non-web services.
- Contains irrelevant information (maintainer usernames) and managerial links.
For management and debug purposes, it works quite well:
- List all tool account.
- Maintainers with link to user page(s).
- Link to the web service (if any).
Keeping this list for internal purposes (tool account index, contacting maintainers etc) at a separate url such as https://tools.wmflabs.org/?list linked from the sidebar seems useful. But I'd recommend we trim down the home page to just the welcome message and some of the links.