|mediawiki/extensions/UploadWizard||master||+146 -4||[UploadWizard] Introducing the usage of an object reference|
- Mentioned In
- T54879: Campaigns: Boolean type parameters and target field
rEUWI5c11db38d387: [UploadWizard] Introducing the usage of an object reference
rMEXT1ef1abf9afbe: Updated mediawiki/extensions Project: mediawiki/extensions/UploadWizard…
T105281: [WLM] Make UW button targets dynamically set
T105284: [WLM] Show hint that first image in the upload-list will be the default image in the monuments list
I suggest another configuration option for Upload Wizard campaigns to enable this feature per campaign. A checkbox (with the behaviour of a radio button) will be displayed beneath every single image that is being uploaded if the following conditions are met:
- The feature is enabled in the campaign configuration
- More than one image was uploaded
- The monument list identifier was passed to the Upload Wizard
Whether the checkbox is checked or not also needs to be reflected in the description template, so that the monument list can later be updated with an image thumbnail of the selected image.
I did some development on the initial version of UploadWizard but was not involved in the development of the campaigns feature, and don't know a lot about it. Unfortunately, the title of this task doesn't really give me enough context to know what this task is about (and there's no description). Could someone write a description for this task that explains the context and what is being sought here?
There are three additional fields configurable in the campaign definition:
Setting these results in overriding the messages defined in the i18n files respectively:
See attached file for an example:
This feature depends on an object reference being passed as a GET parameter (e. g. ?objref=id12345).
If the object reference is being passed, there are two scenarios:
- The additional parameter updateList=true is also being passed. This results in a checkbox being displayed for each upload to let the user choose a single image getting tagged with the object reference (which is later being used to update the list entry on the referring page). On the last step of the Upload Wizard a notice is being displayed that tells users that updating the list may take some time.
- The parameter updateList is being omitted. This results in a disabled checkbox and an additional notice saying that there already is an image thumbnail in the list.