Callsigns are a Big Deal. They are the reason it's impossible for me to use diffusion in my typical use case i.e. quickly looking at a file I did not checkout: the unpredictability of the URL forces people to use GitHub, where we have an easy URL structure.
3000 $ (https://secure.phabricator.com/T4245#116063) is a very reasonable price to pay for such an obnoxious problem to be eliminated.
Resolved questions in Greg's opinion:
- who is responsible of such a process:
- @greg is.
- which directors/managers, if any, have any spending authority for such contracts:
- @greg does
- exact amount of the spending authority;
- Exact dollar amount irrelevant, @greg has spending authority for over $3000
- exact process to get specific jobs performed;
- While anyone is free to interact with upstream Phab as they see fit, for a task to get "prioritization" (ie: funding) from WMF it must be A) a clearly defined specific issue and B) have clear consensus then C) it's is reported upstream and prioritization happens according to Phacility's process (they create a contract with WMF with a timeline etc)
- whether other people also have spending authority, see e.g. T106130#2115462.
- Irrelevant as they would defer to @greg whose team owns Phabricator maint and development. <-- a statement of fact from the person who is responsible (in the [[en:Responsibility_assignment_matrix]] sense).