- Make certain labstore1001 can in fact serve files (easily tested without outage)
- Coordinate with @Cmjohnson as switching requires moving cabling around
At the selected window:
- Stop NFS cleanly on labstore1002
- Flush and unmount all labstore1002 filesystems (easiest done with a halt/poweroff)
- Switch cabling of the shelves from 1002 to 1001
- [Optional: power 1002 back on, make sure it's available to take over quickly by powering through the BIOS issue if needed]
- Verify that the shelves are visible from 1001 properly and that all is well
- Start NFS service on 1001
Chris can confirm for the time it takes to switch wiring around, but I expect no less than 10-15 minutes of downtime during the switch, which we need to (at least) double for safety.
We can roll back by switching the wiring back to 1002 and rebooting it - possibly with some struggle with the H800 BIOS (as we had when we switch during the crash recovery). Chris being on-site means that - in a pinch - we can even replace hardware in 1002 before kicking it back up.
All told, we should have a maintenance window no less than two hours - with luck we'll need only 15 minutes of it.