About 18 months ago, I started a proposal for a NonFreeWiki https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/NonFreeWiki as a parallel to Wikimedia Commons. The idea is to centralise the 2.4 million unfree files that are being used in 155 content wikis, so that there is better regulation. So far 16 other people have expressed support at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=NonFreeWiki/supporters&oldid=12977931
I haven't had much time to work on this until recently, but I'd like to test out the ideas in a demo wiki.
The subdomain could be nonfree.wikimedia.org or fairuse.wikimedia.org or uncommons.wikimedia.org.
- read and edit by anybody
- account creation by anybody clicking on "create an account"
- email notification to be switched on
- extensions would be the same as https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Version
- namespaces would be the same as the standard ones at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Namespaces
- file upload disabled except sysops
- no unusual file types in line with https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:File_types
Thank you in advance.