Per http://www.allourideas.org/wikimediaaccesorios/results?locale=es, what could we do to improve spell checking on Wikipedia? This could include spell-checker support from within the editing interface or dedicated tools on Tool Labs for identifying and fixing spelling errors. Consideration should be given for supporting multiple languages. First we should survey what tools already exist, what their capabilities are, and how well they work. Then we should identify some concrete development tasks that we can work on to improve things.
GSoC project task: T89107: Unified language proofing tools integration framework
Please answer the following questions:
- Are there high priority bugs or features that the Community Tech team could address in a short period of time?
- Not immediately. The best course of action here would be to wait at least till the 21st of August when GSoC officially ends to see what the status of the project is then and whether we can help push it any faster.
- If so, is the maintainer amendable to working with us and is the code publicly available?
- Yes and yes.
- Would this be a good tool to convert into a MediaWiki extension or add as functionality to an existing extension?
- Already being created as an extension.