- Tasks assigned to anyone in RelEng without WorkType-New or WorkType-Maint applied: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/query/3FCKG5coQ7s4/#R
- Assigned and with worktype-maint: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/query/hl6PwByn7X2_/#R
- Assigned and with worktype-new: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/query/VAXaRhQ6lDYq/#R
|Resolved||JAufrecht||T99958 [EPIC] Five teams sample their maintenance fraction and two teams track it throughout the quarter|
|Resolved||greg||T109375 Tag some portion of RelEng team tasks with "New" or "Maint"|
- Mentioned In
- T99958: [EPIC] Five teams sample their maintenance fraction and two teams track it throughout the quarter
T108635: Create working definition of Core vs Maint vs New for RelEng
- Mentioned Here
- T96560: Learn the basics of Puppet
T109913: [keyresult] boot instances from OpenStack API
T109492: Create project tags for tracking maintenance-type of work
Right now, since I've waited so long, I'm just going to do everything updates since Sept 1st and resolved.
task-update-spam incoming! (hopefully, pending wrist...)
Some assumptions I'm making as I go along (so far only tagging tasks that are "New"):
- If the work is novel work towards fulfilling a quarterly goal (which are most times "new" work inherently, minus MW releases), then it's "New"
- If the work isn't novel work towards on of those (eg: "something's broken, jim"), then I'm marking it as "Maintenance"
- New features to already existing software/infra is "New" (eg: supporting Android builds in CI)
- Upgrades of software or libraries (eg: Jenkins or an extension's version of the mw-selenium gem) are "Maint"
- I'm not tagging [keyresult] tasks, these are meta tasks that aren't work tasks
- Just to be explicit: CI config tasks are 9 times out of 10 "Maint" (eg: add $whatever job to $repository)
Trying to get this into an automated report (for consistency with others, at a minimum). What's the definition of all work the RelEng team is engaging with? Is there a combination of projects that means that, or is the sum of work that RelEng has done equal to the list of all tasks assigned to the list of people?