Page MenuHomePhabricator

Run "patch-remove_unique_ref_indices.sql" and phase 1 of "Segregate Reference objects by source wiki." on officewiki
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Run "patch-remove_unique_ref_indices.sql" then phase 1 of "Segregate Reference objects by source wiki." on officewiki.

I checked flow_wiki_ref and flow_ext_ref in production (not all the other tables so far) to see if there are any other discrepancies, which is how I noticed the patch-remove_unique_ref_indices.sql issue as well.


2015-09-02 21:37:11 mw1142 officewiki exception ERROR: [0e0b7b4a] /w/api.php   DBQueryError from line 1131 of /srv/mediawiki/php-1.26wmf21/includes/db/Database.php: A database error has occurred. Did you forget to run maintenance/update.php after upgrading?  See: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading#Run_the_update_script
Query: INSERT  INTO `flow_wiki_ref` (ref_src_wiki,ref_src_workflow_id,ref_src_namespace,ref_src_title,ref_src_object_type,ref_src_object_id,ref_type,ref_target_namespace,ref_target_title) VALUES ('officewiki','>?����9�g','2600','So6nhpnp33j53lnr','post','>?�系Ŝ','link','2','[removed]'),('officewiki','>?����9�g','2600','So6nhpnp33j53lnr','post','>?�系Ŝ','link','0','[removed]'),('officewiki','>?����9�g','2600','So6nhpnp33j53lnr','post','>?�系Ŝ','template','10','[removed]')
Function: Flow\Data\Storage\BasicDbStorage::insert (flow_wiki_ref)
Error: 1054 Unknown column 'ref_src_wiki' in 'field list' (10.64.16.27)

This is presumably because officewiki was enabled after phase 1 was originally run in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/136280 , this was overlooked, and officewiki is private (the only private wiki to currently use Flow)


Original report:

I'm getting messages like [997e5072] Database query error and [0e0b7b4a] Database query error if I save a post that contains a link, on officewiki.
First reported by Whatamidoing, trying to post at officewiki.
Not reproduceable at mediawiki.org
No errors in webconsole.

Event Timeline

Quiddity created this task.Sep 2 2015, 9:47 PM
Quiddity updated the task description. (Show Details)
Quiddity raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
Quiddity added a subscriber: Quiddity.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptSep 2 2015, 9:47 PM
Mattflaschen-WMF triaged this task as Unbreak Now! priority.
Mattflaschen-WMF renamed this task from Flow post with links on officewiki - database query error to Run phase 1 of "Segregate Reference objects by source wiki." on officewiki.Sep 2 2015, 10:59 PM
Mattflaschen-WMF updated the task description. (Show Details)
Mattflaschen-WMF set Security to None.
Mattflaschen-WMF updated the task description. (Show Details)
Mattflaschen-WMF updated the task description. (Show Details)
Mattflaschen-WMF renamed this task from Run phase 1 of "Segregate Reference objects by source wiki." on officewiki to Run "patch-remove_unique_ref_indices.sql" and phase 1 of "Segregate Reference objects by source wiki." on officewiki.Sep 2 2015, 11:10 PM
Mattflaschen-WMF updated the task description. (Show Details)
Mattflaschen-WMF updated the task description. (Show Details)
Mattflaschen-WMF removed Mattflaschen-WMF as the assignee of this task.
jcrespo moved this task from Triage to In progress on the DBA board.Sep 3 2015, 9:20 AM
jcrespo lowered the priority of this task from Unbreak Now! to Needs Triage.
jcrespo claimed this task.

I've executed the scripts:

It would be great if in the future you could provide us a link to those scripts. Please note that while the Flow repo will probably the main one for you, it is one of the thousands of repos on wikimedia for me. :-)

Also, if in the future you have another emergency, and it happens to be on a small wiki (in this case, they had 500 rows), and I am not around, contact another operator/deployment team member and you may execute the queries without me.

Adding links to flow on office wiki works for me:
https://office.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Topic:So7txxdv8kosonhf&topic_showPostId=so7txxhrjnt55fxf#flow-post-so7txxhrjnt55fxf

jcrespo moved this task from In progress to Done on the DBA board.Sep 3 2015, 9:54 AM

Confirming that I was just able to save a comment with links (https://office.wikimedia.org/wiki/Topic:So84avxzx5v52f48 ) that earlier had resulted in "Database query error" several times. Thanks everyone for the quick fix!

Thank you.

It would be great if in the future you could provide us a link to those scripts. Please note that while the Flow repo will probably the main one for you, it is one of the thousands of repos on wikimedia for me. :-)

Also, if in the future you have another emergency, and it happens to be on a small wiki (in this case, they had 500 rows), and I am not around, contact another operator/deployment team member and you may execute the queries without me.

Will do. Thanks again.

jcrespo closed this task as Resolved.Sep 4 2015, 11:01 AM

Resolving because I think there is no more work to do, and @Mattflaschen and @Tbayer seem to have validated the fix.

Checked on officewiki.