It would be awesome if commons could provide the ability to upload content as 'private' to be reviewed, before it can be flagged as 'public'.
Often we need to get releases from individuals before we can publicly post images to commons.
Having a upload 'purgatory' where we could share the content via a private URL so that a third part can give us permission to release it would be an awesome flow improvement.
Flow now: (email heavy)
- Email content to user asking for permission to post.
- Get response
- Post content commons as public
Proposed Flow: (using mediawiki as a tool for content approval)
- Post content to commons as 'pending'
- Share link with user asking for permissions to make public
- Flip switch to change content to public. (maybe even the USER could do this)