|· · ·|
|Resolved||None||T86488 [Bug] monolingual text input missing translation of string "Language (mandatory)"|
|Declined||None||T74907 [Task] move git repositories that are dependencies of wikidata to gerrit|
|Resolved||thiemowmde||T110533 [Bug] The ValueView CI does not run its own QUnit tests|
|Resolved||None||T113961 [Bug] quantity input missing translation of string "Unit (optional)"|
|Duplicate||None||T123519 [Bug] Gerrit's data-values/value-view is not visible in Diffusion|
|Resolved||JanZerebecki||T123521 [Bug] ValueView GitHub mirror not updated any more|
|Resolved||hashar||T123624 [Task] Redirect unused extensions/ValueView repository to data-values/value-view|
|Resolved||JanZerebecki||T112120 [Task] Move ValueView repository from github to gerrit|
|Duplicate||None||T114649 delete mediawiki/extensions/ValueView from gerrit|
|· · ·|
- Mentioned In
- T130475: Deploy updated mapping for gerrit projects -> diffusion
T123624: [Task] Redirect unused extensions/ValueView repository to data-values/value-view
T123521: [Bug] ValueView GitHub mirror not updated any more
T123519: [Bug] Gerrit's data-values/value-view is not visible in Diffusion
T114482: [Task] Do a "clean up open pull requests on GitHub" day
T109171: [RFC] wikibase (composer) libraries register resource loader modules during autoloader startup
- Mentioned Here
- T75020: [Task] Move JS and PHP view code to separate repo
@JanZerebecki we already have a gerrit repo https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/admin/projects/mediawiki/extensions/ValueView (created long ago but think this would work and is what we want)
But this is supposed to be a library/component, not an extension, right? So it's the wrong name. Renaming a gerrit repo is not something that is done. So lets directly use the correct name. I'll create request to delete the wrong name.
If it is declared a Mediawiki extension or a composer component depends only on if we use composer to depend on it or if it is a submodule in the deployment branch of mediawiki/core. If we want our deployment being sane, we should only do one at the same time. Both have different technical consequences. Some features are currently only provided by one of them. (Now it is confusing that we currently use composer to make a build of extensions in Wikidata, in the long run we want to stop that.)
Regarding that we won't remove the ResouceLoader dependency soon: That might work in practice ok even as a component. The downside of that is that we need some custom CI glue to run the QUnit tests. That might possibly look like: add a composer depencency on data-values/value-view into an installation of Mediawiki, run composer, run qunit tests as is normally done with Mediawiki.
(Btw. breaking out ResourceLoader out of Mediawiki into a component that does not depend on Mediawiki, would be an alternative to removing the dependency on it.)
I requested to not create the repo until we decided. Another thing is how to name the repo if it should be a component: The composer name is data-values/value-view. Should we name it wikibase/data-values/value-view?
We talked about this in person. Outcome:
We don't want to miss the feature of dependency resolution with versioning. Extensions don't yet get that from Mediawiki.
In practice data-values/value-view will work as is in a possible future deployment where we have abandoned our Wikidata build and everything is in mediawiki/vendor.
So we go with it being a component.
I'll go with the name: data-values/value-view