Now we have Web APIs hub it should be the landing page for MediaWiki APIs (plural). Please note:
- API:Main_page will still exist as the introduction to the MediaWiki action API (in fact it will redirect to the renamed page API:Action API), so all bookmarks and external links to it will continue to go to the same place.
- There's nothing special about the name "Main_page" in a namespace.
Pages that could link to "Web APIs hub" include
- "Web API" in How to contribute
- the mw.org main page should link to it; the current link under "Become a MediaWiki hacker" is too specific. Note T653: Refresh the mediawiki.org homepage
- The top "MediaWiki APIs" link in the API template.
- Many pages link to just "API". Before changing this redirect we should modify links that intend to link to the action API to link to API:Action API.
- Conversely, some links to API:Main_page are for general APIs overview, thus should link to Web APIs hub.
Concerns raised at E50: IRC office hour: Web APIs Hub (phab tasks coming):
- Web APIs hub focuses on API use on Wikimedia sites
- well, yes. Third-party developers want to access free open knowledge on Wikimedia sites. @Spage is happy to showcase articles about using APIs on other sites
- Task: clarify what API modules are part of core MediaWiki and which are extensions.
- Task: Navigation on Web APIs hub needs to be improved, need "a compact overview / list of APIs" (part of T93062)