Page MenuHomePhabricator

MediaWiki QUnit test suite has test failures on Firefox
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

I am trying to run qunit tests on Mozilla firefox, and I got some errors.
When I ran the same on Chrome, there were no errors and only some tests were skipped.

has the qunit results I got saved as a "complete webpage" for both Chrome as well as Firefox

All the tests that failed are related to localStorage, although firefox is supposed to have it. I am using Firefox 40.0.3

How I got this:

  • I took the latest media wiki core from git and cloned it at a place apache could find it
  • After that I ran mw-config/index.php and followed it to get the auto-created LocalSettings.php
  • After copying the LocalSettings.php to the location specified, I added the line "$wgEnableJavaScriptTest = true;"
  • I open http://localhost/mediawiki/core/index.php/Special:JavaScriptTest/qunit/plain# in a browser. (This can be found using the Special Pages page > JavaScript testing)
  • This page runs a bunch of tests. After it finishes running allt he tests, it reports "2144 assertions of 2153 passed, 9 failed."

The errors found are in:

  • mediawiki.storage: normal case.: set/get with localStorage
  • mediawiki.storage: localStorage does not exist: set/get without localStorage
  • mediawiki.storage: localStorage exhausted: set/get without localStorage
  • MobileFrontend settings - localStorage: without cookies or localStorage
  • MobileFrontend toggle.js: Mobile mode.: Clicking hash links

Event Timeline

TasneemLo raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
TasneemLo updated the task description. (Show Details)
TasneemLo added a project: MobileFrontend.
TasneemLo added a subscriber: TasneemLo.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptSep 16 2015, 1:32 AM
TasneemLo renamed this task from issues with QUnit tests on MobileFrontend, Firefox to issues with QUnit tests on Firefox.Sep 16 2015, 1:52 AM
TasneemLo updated the task description. (Show Details)
TasneemLo removed a project: MobileFrontend.
TasneemLo set Security to None.
Aklapper changed the task status from Open to Stalled.Sep 16 2015, 11:15 AM

Hi @TasneemLo, thanks for reporting this.

unfortunately this report is not very useful because it does not describe the problem well. If you have time and can still reproduce the problem, please add a more useful and complete description to this report by describing exact steps to reproduce the problem - "trying to run qunit tests" is too vague and it's not clear yet how this is related to some Wikimedia/MediaWiki code.

Reedy changed the task status from Stalled to Open.Sep 16 2015, 11:15 AM
Reedy changed the task status from Open to Stalled.
Reedy added a subscriber: Reedy.
Reedy removed a subscriber: Reedy.
TasneemLo updated the task description. (Show Details)Sep 16 2015, 3:40 PM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: StudiesWorld. · View Herald TranscriptDec 20 2015, 9:15 AM
Aklapper changed the task status from Stalled to Open.Nov 18 2016, 3:56 PM
Krinkle added a comment.EditedJan 12 2017, 1:36 AM

I can't reproduce the original test failures we had in Firefox, but re-running the whole QUnit test suite in Firefox just now did reveal this one (recently introduced) error that doesn't happen in Chrome or Safari:

jquery.tablesorter.parsers: ISO Dates

  1. Sortkey: Date with a time
  • Expected: 946729830000
  • Result: 946758630000

Filed T155187 for this.

Krinkle renamed this task from issues with QUnit tests on Firefox to MediaWiki QUnit test suite has test failures on Firefox.Jan 12 2017, 7:47 PM
Krinkle closed this task as Resolved.
Krinkle claimed this task.
Krinkle triaged this task as Medium priority.
Krinkle removed a project: MediaWiki-General.