- Duplicates Merged Here
- T135357: Cannot add internal links with anchor (#) in VisualEditor
T127005: Can't paste #mw-prefsection-editing onto the end of a link, or in the middle
T127752: [Regression] Section anchor lost when insering link with VisualEditor
T124631: Link editor does not handle fragment
T123782: Section links are not being saved
T119599: When a user introduces an internal link with an anchor, VisualEditor silently trims it
T117487: Impossible to add relative section link [[#section|text]]
T114895: adding or editing a wikilink consting of an anchor should work
T112825: Direct link to a page's section impossible to save in VisualEditor
FWIW, *pasting* the string [[mw:Flow#Design FAQ]] or [[mw:Flow#Design FAQ|FAQ]] works fine as a workaround to create the desired link, although this appears as an external link in the link inspector before being saved.
As James explained, I did this:
- Open the page with VE editor
- Type "Design" and "Releases and features"
- Add these two items on a bullet list
- Select "Design", create a link, type "mw:Flow#Design_FAQ", hit "done"
- Link is broken on the link inspector
- Save the page, link is still broken.
This also affects link that are only a section. E.g. See [[#History]] for more information gets rendered by VE as a redlink normalised on save as wiktext [[|#History]] (note the pipe at the beginning and empty page target).