Name: MediaWiki Releases
Desc: This project is the home for all tasks/issues/enhancement requests regarding MW thirdparty releases. This is not for issues regarding any specific MW release (those should go in the approriate project eg: MW-1.26-release)
Name: MediaWiki Releases
- Mentioned Here
- T108734: Backport security fixes to stable + LTS [non-bundled] extension branches
T974: Automate Testing of MediaWiki Tarball releases
T60172: 1.19 and 1.20 download directories only provides latest dot releases
T87774: Evaluate and decide on a distribution strategy targeted at VMs
T88151: Distribution strategy option: Use Vagrant puppet modules
T88154: Distribution strategy option: Use Debian packages
T90249: Establish and consistently release schedule for MediaWiki releases
T92503: Remove EOL MediaWiki release branches
T92826: Ready-to-use Docker package for MediaWiki
T94664: Test files appear in MW tarball diff patches, generate ignored hunks
Tasks I would put in this project:
- T974: Automate Testing of MediaWiki Tarball releases
- T92503: Remove EOL MediaWiki release branches - was only in Release-Engineering-Team
- T60172: 1.19 and 1.20 download directories only provides latest dot releases - just in MediaWiki-General-or-Unknown
- T90249: Establish and consistently release schedule for MediaWiki releases - just in Release-Engineering-Team
- T87774: Evaluate and decide on a distribution strategy targeted at VMs
- T94664: Test files appear in MW tarball diff patches, generate ignored hunks - just in Release-Engineering-Team
Requested project MediaWiki-Releasing has been created: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/profile/1539/
The task listed in this task have been associated.
Please encourage interested people to visit the project and to join the project as members, and to subscribe themselves to the project in order to receive updates!
That's a grey area in my head. I have a few thoughts:
- All bugs/feature requests for the code that lives in mediawiki/tools/release/ should be in MediaWiki-Releasing
- I guess that makes sense even for the make-wmf-branch/deploy-notes/etc as those are technically releases
- Keeping them in Deployments will increase visibility year round, instead of twice a year sprints as I assume MediaWiki-Releasing might encourage :)
- (I hope not, re twice a year sprints for everything in -Releasing, especially for those tasks like "figure out our distribution strategy")
- Have them in both?
- Ontologies are hard, yo.