There is an extension called Cards that allows rendering of a list of articles (T114393)
API on short term depends on the GettingStarted API, long term we will move this into this extension.
- The purpose of this task is to tease out UX problems and problems with the design for read more.
Show up to 4 article cards after end of article, before Wikipedia footer. If no related cards are available do not show the read more heading
- Related articles should not impact first paint time.
- The endpoint should be edge performant and should not cause excess load on the origin servers (??)
- Articles shown using same backend as apps "Read more" (??)
- The feature should be featured flagged
and turned on only in mobile beta to begin with (see the Timeline Estimate section in T94906). The feature should show up in desktop and should be usable. It does not need to look great (we will work on desktop and the beta feature in the next sprint). It only shows it on pages in the main namespace Title should be Related Article
- Please consider https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T113635#1687199
Cards are identical to those in
Gather a MobileFrontend page list and show: page image text extract (first 3 lines of text from article) Wikidata description No arrow at bottom of card
Before implementing as a team it would be useful to discuss how Gather and Read more can share css/templates for such a feature.
Code should live in the RelatedArticles extension and should not interfere with existing code there.