This is a proposal to remove MSSQL support from MediaWiki core. Previous discussions were in favor to keep it based on the assumption that it is being used.
- The differences between its schema and MySQL
- Current lack of maintenance makes it very difficult to support it effectively.
- The number of installs using MSSQL is very small.
- We do not run MSSQL on our CI, so we have code in core that we support, but are unable to test. T197995
- Developers are expected to ensure that their schema changes work on non-free (as in speech) databases
Move MSSQL into an extension.