Suggestions are shown in small sets for the user (T115008). While the user can just click on "start a new article" to select any article of their choice, there is not an equivalent option for accessing any campaign.
In order to support the above, we can extend the capabilities of the "new article" action to also facilitate the selection of collections.
The proposal is illustrated below:
- Above suggestions users have an option to "Start a new translation or join a campaign".
- When the user selects that option, a search panel is shown (see below).
- The search panel includes facilities to select relevant individual articles such as those you edited recently but also a listing of the existing active campaigns.
- The campaign order can be used to emphasise active campaigns (e.g., by number of users or recent translations), new ones (e.g., by tim of creation) or some combination. In any case, we should not emphasise (or avoid completely) those campaigns with no articles left to translate or those with an end date that has already past.
- Users can browse the campaigns to discover new ones just by scrolling that list.
- As the user types a search query, the results will also include matching campaigns. That will facilitate users to find campaigns they may have heard of before.
- When a campaign is selected it will appear at the top of the suggestions view. The campaign will appear expanded to show its articles. The user will be able to act on the campaign as with any other campaign from the suggestions: translate individual articles, add articles to their favourites or add the whole list.
This is based on the improved "new translation" dialog described in T111094, but extending it to include also campaigns when it is accessed from the suggestions view.