Page MenuHomePhabricator

Extra empty paragraphs in previously-saved translations
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Ok, this is a weird one. I have a couple open translations in various stages of completion. Today I realised, that something strange happened to some of them. For instance I'm translating WP:MoS from en.wiki to my user space @ pl.wiki (namely https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedysta:Halibutt/MoS, but I didn't save yet). I stopped looking at it for a couple of weeks and returned to the job only today.

I had the lede (the first five paragraphs) ready, with the text in Polish nicely shown on the right and the original text on the left. However, now the first paragraph of my translation is shown next to where the "Article titles, headings, and sections" heading is in the original text instead. Also, I translated the entire sub-section on "Article titles", yet it got moved to the very end, way below the end of the original document.

Shorter translation projects or those started only yesterday seem to work fine.

Windows 7x64, Firefox (42.0).

Event Timeline

Halibutt raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
Halibutt updated the task description. (Show Details)
Halibutt added a subscriber: Halibutt.
Restricted Application added subscribers: StudiesWorld, Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptNov 9 2015, 11:41 PM
Halibutt renamed this task from extra empty paragraphs in all CT I started to Extra empty paragraphs in previously-saved translations.Nov 9 2015, 11:42 PM
Halibutt set Security to None.
Amire80 triaged this task as Normal priority.Nov 11 2015, 7:43 AM
Amire80 moved this task from Needs Triage to CX7 on the ContentTranslation board.
Halibutt added a comment.EditedNov 11 2015, 10:18 PM

A couple of screenies to make the issue easier to understand. The first shows the top of the translation, as if the text on the left was not translated and was ready to be copied over. The second shows the end of the lead, where the translated text starts.

Amire80 moved this task from CX7 to CX8 on the ContentTranslation board.Jan 24 2016, 10:27 PM
Amire80 moved this task from CX8 to Bugs on the ContentTranslation board.Apr 20 2016, 1:11 PM
Arrbee moved this task from Bugs to Check & Move on the ContentTranslation board.Nov 26 2018, 1:49 PM
Pginer-WMF closed this task as Resolved.Nov 26 2018, 2:37 PM
Pginer-WMF claimed this task.
Pginer-WMF added a subscriber: Pginer-WMF.

This kind of issues are expected to be solved with the new version of Content translation, where a more solid saving/restoring mechanism is in place. Please, feel free to test the new version and report any issues you may find.