In Google-Code-in-2014 students provided some great video tutorials on how to use our (at that time new) Phabricator issue tracking system.
These video tutorials are and were linked on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Help and its subpages.
As the user interface and functionality of Phabricator changed over the last months some of these videos became outdated (=the shown steps suddenly became wrong).
- Read the instructions how to create videos from last year's GCI at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Google_Code-in_2014/Phabricator_screencasts (please ignore the outdated "List of screencasts" section on that page).
- Watch the old version of the video (linked below) that you would like to update.
- Perform the steps shown in the video yourself in your browser and notice what has changed.
- Also read the related written documentation about the area that the video covers.
- Create an updated version of the video with corrected steps.
- Once your corrected version is "perfect", upload that video on Wikimedia Commons and replace the previous version (via the "Upload a new version of this file" option).
- Edit https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Help (or the corresponding wikipage where the video should be embedded) to show/embed that updated video again (for example, the link to some outdated videos was removed in https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Phabricator/Help&diff=1809457&oldid=1809455 ). Use MediaWiki's "Preview" button to see if your edit is correct before saving.
The video to update is: