|Resolved||Lydia_Pintscher||T63131 Eliminate or reduce delay between selection of property and displaying of input fields when adding statements|
|Open||None||T56098 [Epic][UI] Front-end performance: Improve loading time of items|
|Declined||Lydia_Pintscher||T119078 [Task] Move wbentity JSON to the end of the HTML|
- An average ADSL connection is downloading stuff at 6 MBit/s. That's about 0.7 MiB/s.
- gzip compresses our JSON down to about 15 %. I used https://github.com/JeroenDeDauw/JsonDumpData to calculate this number.
- Maximum, worst-case blob size is 2 MiB.
2 MiB * 15 % / 0.7 MiB/s = 0.4 seconds. Thats how long a user have to wait before the browser can start parsing and displaying some HTML. This is obviously more on slower connections, probably about 2 seconds on very slow cable and mobile connections.
We talked about this during story time.
- The idea came up to remove the wbEntity blob on mobile, because it does not allow editing at all. To do: Create a ticket for this.
- Moving the JSON down means you would see the page faster, but you have to wait the exact same time for all edit buttons to become available. This means there is a longer time these buttons open the special page.
- Therefor we decided to not do this at the moment.