Immediate use: identify tasks as Milestones for purposes of grouping their "children" for Phlogiston burnup generation. Currently Phlogiston can group tasks with the same project, or projectcolumn, or wildcard match on project + projectcolumn. Several teams group their work via the "Blocked By" relationship, treating that like a parent/child relationship, so that the "parent" tasks are the goals or milestones. However, we don't have a global rule to identify these tasks. There are some possible definitions that come close, but not exactly matches the definition and use of a Milestone:
- Every task with children. - not all such tasks are true Milestones.
- Every Eve - every task with descendents but no parents. - not all such tasks are true Milestones; some Milestones may not have children.
- Every task without parents. - in practice, this would treat most tasks as Milestones, which is not useful for most purposes.
- Every task tagged Epic. - Epic is distinct and separate.
- Every task with a magic word in the title. - Bad data practice.
While the immediate use is for Phlogiston, this is a common vocabulary word for task management, much like Epic, and could be used for other purposes.