On https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/New_York_City you'll see the historical "Related pages" menu item in the left menu (note this is DESKTOP).
It's not showing up in http://en.wikivoyage.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Related_test
as it's being controlled by wgRelatedArticlesShowReadMore which is defaulting to false
The historical menu item should be determined by a separate configuration variable and not be controlled by wgRelatedArticlesShowReadMore
- It should be possible to enable read more (footer via beta features) but disable the left menu behaviour (e.g. for English Wikipedia)
- If read more footer and left menu are both enabled on Vector I see both (for time being until features have been consolidated - needed by Wikivoyage)
- If read more (footer) is enabled and related articles (left menu) is enabled but I do not have the beta feature enabled then I see the links in the left menu.
- If read more (footer) is enabled and related articles (left menu) is disabled but I do not have the beta feature enabled then I see no links in the left menu and no links in the footer.
- If read more (footer) is disabled and related articles (left menu) is disabled I see nothing.
Introduced by T117444