As an educator who uses the Education Program page, I'd like the following changes to happen:
- Special:Students is pretty useless (). It should be made sortable, but even more important, filterable: I want to use it to see only MY students. And all of them, not a batch of 50 or whatever is the locked in length of table on that page.
- Special:MyCourses needs an archive, an option to auto-collapse student entries and to select the length of days one wants to display on the front page. For now it is sadly a page me and my students always skip, with a sigh as it is pretty useless. It is particularly problematic if one has several courses; I currently have four, and this is a mess, as some students show in 2+ course listings, the one I want is not usually at the top, etc. Also, the student activity should show their edits outside English Wikipedia (I have my students edit Korean Wikipedia, for example).
- Student's list of articles (ex. at ) should support articles outside English Wikipedia; I have students edit articles on Korean Wikipedia and Wikivoyage, but we cannot create hyperlinks there.# I'd like to be able to sort students on that page into teams, probably with colors and names.
- I'd like that page to be sortable (by article, student's name, team)
- I'd like that page to have a place where you can add student's real name/student number. It's a pain when students register with nicknames, and I have to keep a separate list of who they are.# I'd like to have some sort of progress track for each article/student/group. Ex. students are required to submit an outline on the article's talk page, or make an edit, or ask for a review, or whatever. I'd like to be able to define those, with deadlines, for each course, and have checkboxes display next to each student/group/article entry.
- That list should have a collapsed by expandable box for their recent edits (like on Special:MyCourses), and I'd like it to display the number of each student edits in the last week or so.
--Piotrus (talk) 04:49, 12 November 2015 (UTC)
This card tracks a proposal from the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey
This proposal received 0 support votes, and was ranked last out of 107 proposals. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey/Miscellaneous#Education_Program_interface_changes