This task will track the racking and initial (but not full) setup of these systems. Since these are not all pre-allocated, we'll be setting these up initially as if they are all spare systems. This is easier than full setup, as we'll stop short of production dns entries onward.
- - receive in all 8 systems ordered on T120246
- - add asset tag to each system, add each system to racktables using ONLY the asset tag (no hostname)
- - rack systems evenly across all 4 rows. Right now A5, B5, C5, and D5 are the misc-services racks. Place 2 in each rack.
- - create asset tag mgmt dns entries for each system
- - setup system bios and drac & test drac/serial redirection
- - update this task with the network port information for each system
- - add these systems to the spares tracking google sheet. This is typically done by @RobH, but feel free to view the sheet for format (see the CODFW - Spare Servers tab) and add in all 8 of these systems. @RobH will likely take 2 of the 8 for allocation shortly after completion, but this is still a good place to start.
- - assign this task to @RobH or @Cmjohnson to update the switch port descriptions
- - switch port descriptions updated with asset tags of attached systems