A PDF file created by bookcmd=render_article&writer=rdf2latex contains a lot of errors.
- Because pages are divided by 2 columns, formulas are overwritten by text or cut off.
- Graphics aren't positioned where they should.
- Templates aren't interpreted correctly.
- <math> contents aren't rendered correctly.
See the related items in appendix 2.
- Formulas should be indented by <p style="margin-left:4.5em;"> but aren't. See the formula template.
- The next graphic should be positioned before the following text paragraph.
- This graphic element is part of a template containing the next paragraph. The graphic should be positioned left to the text (not above).
- Formulas that are too wide go beyond the text area and are cut off (in column 2) or overwritten by other text (in column 1). That's a direct effect caused by the two-columns text area by default. It's urgently requested to ask the user whether he wants one or two columns.
- Wikitables are not shown (as well as part of a template's content or directly in the wiki site).
- \text parts inside a <math> formula that contain more than one word aren't shown in the correct sequence: "mit dem Winkel" is replaced by "Winkel dem mit", e.g.
- Bold text inside a template is sometimes rendered as light text.
- Italic text inside a template is sometimes rendered as straight text.
- One template isn't shown at all. Therefore the reader cannot see where a specific exercise or solution starts and ends.
Multiple occurrencies of the same fault aren't marked normally. (In appendix 2 there are additional faults but not related to the MediaWiki problems.)
How to check the problems
- Use MathML in user preferences / appearance.
- de-Wikibooks chapter "Komplexe_Zahlen/_Darstellungsformen" - the requested page (Internet Explorer 11 isn't able to show correct formulas using MathML)
- Use Print/Preview/Print of the browser (here: Firefox 42.0) - every part of the page is printed correctly (IE isn't able to show any formulas)
- Use Special:Book render_article rdf2latex and store the created pdf file.
- Appendix 1 F3079535 is the created pdf file without any change.
- Appendix 2 F3079554 shows the errors listed above (and contains some more errors caused by convertion to OpenOfficeGraph odg).