bug in Language.php function getMagic
Closed, ResolvedPublic


Author: spamfree

Trying to upgrade my wiki to version 1.10.0 I have come up with several of these ugly warning messages:

Warning: array_slice() [function.array-slice]: The first argument should be an array in /home/astrolo4/public_html/astrology/w/languages/Language.php on line 1139

I tracked it to the getMagic function. Apparently the ParserFunctions extension was establishing $wgParser->setFunctionHook's, some of which had no associated magicWord assigned to them. The getMagic function apparently has no exception handling for this kind of situation.

I have fixed things in ParserFunctions, but maybe the dev guys would find it appropriate to condition the assignment of $rawEntry to $mw->mSynonyms upon the previous 'if' not bearing out, i.e.:

if( !is_array( $rawEntry ) ) {
error_log( "\"$rawEntry\" is not a valid magic thingie for \"$mw->mId\"" );
} else { // <<<<<<<<<
$mw->mCaseSensitive = $rawEntry[0];
$mw->mSynonyms = array_slice( $rawEntry, 1 );

I have also reported the ParserFunctions bug appropriately.


Version: 1.10.x
Severity: normal

bzimport added a subscriber: wikibugs-l.
bzimport set Reference to bz10166.
bzimport created this task.Via LegacyJun 6 2007, 3:44 AM
bzimport added a comment.Via ConduitJun 11 2007, 6:40 AM

robchur wrote:

*** Bug 10204 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Raymond added a comment.Via ConduitDec 6 2007, 10:17 PM

Fixed with r28224.

Add Comment

Column Prototype
This is a very early prototype of a persistent column. It is not expected to work yet, and leaving it open will activate other new features which will break things. Press "\" (backslash) on your keyboard to close it now.