This task will track the racking and setup/deployment of pc2004, pc2005, & pc2006.
- - system received in on T121878
- - rack systems as follows: pc2004 in B5, pc2005 in C5, & pc2006 in D5.
- - setup mgmt dns entries for both asset tag and hostname
- - setup/test bios/drac
- - setup production dns entries for hostname (internal vlan/subnet for each row)
- - note each systems rack and network port on task (@RobH or @Cmjohnson can then apply labels and vlans to them, ping one of us)
- - update install_server for dhcp and partitioning (@Papaul: see note below on partitioning.)
- - install OS (JESSIE)
- - sign/accept puppet/salt keys (recall we have dual salt master at present)
- - service implementation (this step likely handled by @jcrespo)
We will need to create a new partman recipe for this. I (@RobH) have made a few of these, so rather than me simply modifying and slapping a new one into place, it seems like a perfect opportunity for @Papaul to work with me (or someone else) to make a partman recipe. The partitioning on these needs to be as follows. A single software raid0 of the 3 * 800GB SSD. Then on that raid0 array, place an LVM and then a 50GB ext3 /, and then fill 80% of the remaining disk in the /srv partition with XFS format. I'd call the new recipe raid0-lvm-srv.cfg.