Looks like setting "srbackend=LuceneSearch" nowadays produces exactly the same behaviors as "srbackend=CirrusSearch". If MediaWiki is silently using to Cirrus search, it should inform the user about this.
The current behavior is confusing for users trying to compare the results of multiple search backends.
- Search for follow-up always returns 81,765 results:
- Search for bug found always returns 68,972 results:
- Search for álgebra always returns 2,136 results:
- Search for testing here always returns 2,081,770 results:
- The examples at T65861: CirrusSearch word segmentation not useful for JS and CSS pages