Our schema code has evolved into a giant ... well, code. Let's make these changes to make the maintenance easier:
- Email wikitech-l about forthcoming change to remove logging if non-sendBeacon
- Use mw.eventLog.Schema
- Do not bundle all schema files as a single module (mobile.loggingSchemas). Create separate modules for each schema and add as a dependance to modules where each schema is used
- Do not trick schema files into thinking that Schema.x module exists when eventLogging is not installed. If EventLogging is not installed, no schema file should be loaded in the front end.
- Remove code related to logging past events. Rely on sendBeacon if it's supported or don't log at all. There has been multiple discussions in the mailing thread and gerrit about recording events from previous sessions.
- [phuedx] N.B. that this is implied by the use of mw.eventLog.Schema but there's nothing wrong with being explicit.
Anything else I missed?
- Do the above for
Gather, Thanks, and any other extension that depends on MobileFrontend Schema class.