Elie: I noticed that the user IDs started at number 607 this year. I'm thinking
it would be easier to figure out how many we had if we had started from 01?
It's not a huge deal but maybe we should think about fixing this ?
Thanks and best wishes to you and yours !
Bryan: This is one of those vexing computer things that sounds like it should
be trivially easy and instead turns out to be maddeningly difficult to
fix consistently due to how the id numbers are generated. There are
also various reasons that there may be a gap in the id sequence or
entries in the application table that you don't really want to be
counted in the total of applications received.
What would be pretty trivial would be to ask the database for the
count of valid applications and show that count somewhere in the
application (or even on the application form itself). Phabricator 
is a good place to document ideas like this so we can find them again
when someone is looking at making updates to the app.