Page MenuHomePhabricator

Code from MediaWiki:Base.js removes the linebreak before "|-", breaking table on Wikisource
Open, Needs TriagePublic

Description

Steps to reproduce

  1. Open s:pt:Page:Elementos de Arithmetica.djvu/302 in edit mode
  2. Replace the attribute {| width=100% by the CSS equivalent {| style="width: 100%;"
  3. Save the page

Actual result
The line breaks before the code |- disappear, breaking the table syntax.

Expected result
Only the first line is changed, and the table syntax is still correct.

I tested with Firefox, with JavaScript enabled, and was unable to revert to the working version.

Event Timeline

He7d3r raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
He7d3r updated the task description. (Show Details)
He7d3r added a subscriber: He7d3r.

@He7d3r stop using the "dumbed down" Easy LST feature (uses number symbol scheme - # foo # ) in place of the normal section tag implementation.

just add self.proofreadpage_raw_lst = true; to your common.js file to disable something that should not have been universally enabled site-wide to begin with (in my humble opinion that is). See MediaWiki:Base.js specifically.

I was easily able to fix your circular faux rendering on preview vs. save problem after disabling Easy LST.

He7d3r renamed this task from MediaWiki removes automatically the linebreak before "|-", breaking table on Wikisource to Code from MediaWiki:Base.js removes the linebreak before "|-", breaking table on Wikisource.Jan 10 2016, 5:29 PM
He7d3r updated the task description. (Show Details)
He7d3r set Security to None.
This comment was removed by AuFCL.

Prior comment removed. Good intentions but further discussion reveals proposed patch answers wrong question.

(No real need to remove comments - they can be edited instead. :)

Thanks Andre for the good advice. I removed the comment as subsequent discussion with @GOIII pointed up the fact that technically "solving" this involves a political/expectation aspect I had not considered.

Function easy_lst() (either version: both the one buried within MediaWiki:Base.js OR the standalone Easy_LST gadget) contain checks for very specific wikicode sequences (notably "{|" and "----") adjacent to <section> tags along with some rather sloppy regex coding. Looks to have been developed incrementally solving case-by-case situations rather than generically, so "fixing" any specific issue really risks becoming more an exercise in expectation control rather than clean cut improvement.

Having a comprehensive list of test cases (and also T39230) would help with this kind of update.