(This bug happened only after the recent changes in the notifications system.)
There are two numeral systems:
- When using Arabic (ar) as a content language, MediaWiki uses Eastern Arabic numerals as the number system by default.
- However, Arabic Wikipedia (arwiki) overrides this and uses Western Arabic numerals.
- After the recent upgrade of the notifications system, the numbers in the drop down menu are rendered using Eastern Arabic numerals.
- Numbers in the notification drop down menu should be rendered using Western Arabic numerals on Arabic Wikipedia to be consistent with the numbering system on the wiki.
- The numbers on the local Special:Notifications are correctly rendered using the Western Arabic numerals. So, the problem is in the drop down menu only.
Google Chrome 47 under Windows 8