If someone mentions you in a new topic on a board you watch, you can both the new-topic and flow-mention notifications. In the other similar cases (reply+mention, post-edited+mention, topic-renamed+mention) you don't get the flow-mention notification.
|mediawiki/extensions/Echo : master||Comparing User objects is unreliable|
|mediawiki/extensions/Flow : master||Don't trigger new-topic notification when user is also mentioned in first post|
- Mentioned In
- rAPIOS22637dff744b: Merge pull request #443 from wikimedia/feature/T124803/browser-nav
rAPIOS71672f911967: Merge branch 'master' into feature/T124803/browser-nav
rAPIOSfe7bd79ae33d: Merge branch 'master' into feature/T124803/browser-nav
T121663: Create new notification category for talk pages: flowusertalk
Checked in betalabs - no duplicate notificaitons for
- when Mention is in the title of a new topic
- when Mention is in the body of a new topic
- when several topics were created simultaneously with Mention not in all of them
e.g. three topics were created, and Mention was in only one of the topics. The notifications will come as '2 new topics on a flow board' and 'a user mention you in [third new topic]
However, user talk pages still send duplicate notifications - it might be viewed as a feature?
User names refer to the screenshots below:
- As a user ET70, create a new topic on User talk:ET1: mention ET1 in the body of the topic.
- User ET1 receives two notificaitons - one about a new topic and about mentioning with the same timestamp.