(arg, I had this as draft for some 6 months (Yay phab draft save))
I was misreading the relevant issues. It is beta, but CronJobs are working in Kubernetes. There is no extension to jupyterhub to create CronJobs that I'm aware of, however, so this task is to either find such extension and configure it into PAWS, or develop one ourselves.
- Allow users to run notebooks on a schedule, like Cron
- Allow users to run arbitrary terminal commands that can be run from PAWS' terminals on a schedule
- Allow access to delete or edit scheduled CronJobs
- Only allow users access to their own CronJobs
- Do so securely (don't leak k8s credentials, don't give full access k8s cluster, etc)
Help would be much appreciated, brainstorming alone will be a big help right now.
As I can see notebooks are killed after some time when the terminal was closed the job was killed and local data file saved in the the default data folder was deleted. How may a cron job run if a normal cannot if it is offline.