If you need to get more information about an image already in an article, the current process for reaching the Commons (or local) image description page is:
- Copy the file name from the top of the main media settings dialog box.
- Click the "Change image" button in the lower left of the box.
- Search for the file name.
- Click on the file you want (the same one that's already present in the article).
- It will display some information about the image, e.g., license and uploader's name. At the bottom, it says "More information". Click that to open the Commons page in another tab.
Please simplify this to a desirable process:
- Click the file name from the top of the main media settings dialog box to open the Commons page in another tab.