Map's GeoJSON VE editor needs to allow editing of the properties, similar to how it is done in http://geojson.io/, but with a different interface. That site uses this code (BSD), and internally it is based on leaflet.draw.
- Show object's properties in a side bar
- Creating new object uses properties of the last created or edited object of the same type
- For marks (pushpins), show all available icons visually, without any text, on the sidebar (scrollable)
- available maki icons (used to be here, but now that page promotes future maki 2.0 set)
- marker-symbol may also be a number 0..99 (as string), or a letter a..z (lower case only)
- Kartographer-specific customization - marker-symbol value may be any string if it begins with -number or -letter, in which case it will be automatically converted to a number or letter. The entire string in that case functions as a group identifier - which means the same map can have multiple counters, e.g. -number-museums and -number-restaurants, each showing as separate indexes. It would usually be better to show them in different colors to differentiate.