Note a proof of concept exists: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/277358/
- When I visit Special:MobileCitations/<revid> I should see a list of references for the given page as they would have appeared had they been embedded in the article.
- If the page doesn't exist I see an error message "The page that references were requested for does not exist.
- If there are no references I see a message "This page has no references."
- The page should be available in any skin (including Vector desktop) but do not worry about using anything other than the default styling.
On any given page
- Any links inside a sup tag with class reference should be rewritten to be prefixed with a local URL for Special:MobileCitations e.g.
<sup id="cite_ref-18" class="reference"><a href="#cite_note-18"><span>[</span>18<span>]</span></a></sup>
<sup id="cite_ref-18" class="reference"><a href="/wiki/index.php/Special:Citations/revid/Title#cite_note-18"><span>[</span>18<span>]</span></a></sup>
- Replace the references list/the temporary message with a link to "See references for this page" that points to the Special:Citations page.