Page MenuHomePhabricator

REL1_25 fails shared tests due to Wikidata: The module 'wikibase' required by 'wikibase.datamodel.__namespace' must exist
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/263205/ and https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/268567/
not merging by jenkins, because there is a failing test:

21:53:50 There was 1 failure:
21:53:50 
21:53:50 1) ResourcesTest::testMissingDependencies
21:53:50 The module 'wikibase' required by 'wikibase.datamodel.__namespace' must exist
21:53:50 Failed asserting that an array contains 'wikibase'.
21:53:50 
21:53:50 /mnt/jenkins-workspace/workspace/mediawiki-extensions-hhvm/src/tests/phpunit/structure/ResourcesTest.php:73
21:53:50 /mnt/jenkins-workspace/workspace/mediawiki-extensions-hhvm/src/tests/phpunit/MediaWikiTestCase.php:131
21:53:50

QUnit fails with

21:52:48   Uncaught Error: Unknown dependency: wikibase
21:52:48   at http://localhost:9876/jenkins-mediawiki-extensions-qunit-29264/load.php?debug=false&lang=en&modules=jquery%2Cmediawiki&only=scripts&skin=fallback&version=20160204T215203Z:157

Event Timeline

Umherirrender raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
Umherirrender updated the task description. (Show Details)
Umherirrender added a subscriber: Umherirrender.
Restricted Application added a project: Wikidata. · View Herald TranscriptFeb 5 2016, 11:24 AM
Restricted Application added subscribers: StudiesWorld, Aklapper. · View Herald Transcript
hashar renamed this task from REL1_25 contains test failures to REL1_25 fails shared tests due to Wikidata: The module 'wikibase' required by 'wikibase.datamodel.__namespace' must exist.Feb 5 2016, 12:23 PM
hashar set Security to None.
hashar added a subscriber: hashar.Feb 5 2016, 12:31 PM

I reproduce the error The module 'wikibase' required by 'wikibase.datamodel.__namespace' must exist with just MediaWiki and Wikidata both at REL1_25.

Seems to be familiar with the old T110518 , the Wikidata had a hack to recognize whether it is run in a Jenkins job mwext-Wikidata-testextension. Since the extension is now included in different job, the logic has been changed to use the more generic $wgWikimediaJenkinsCI: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/234493/1/Wikidata.php,cm

Cherry picking that change to REL1_25.

Change 268655 had a related patch set uploaded (by Hashar):
Fix Wikidata.php entry point for jenkins

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/268655

Change 268655 abandoned by Hashar:
Fix Wikidata.php entry point for jenkins

Reason:
Wrong branch

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/268655

Change 268654 had a related patch set uploaded (by Hashar):
Fix Wikidata.php entry point for jenkins

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/268654

Paladox added a subscriber: Paladox.Feb 5 2016, 1:03 PM

@hashar yes it seems once we fix that so that it uses a config to detect the tests it shows more errors.

Change 268654 abandoned by Hashar:
Fix Wikidata.php entry point for jenkins

Reason:
Better done for REL1_25 via https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/268306/

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/268654

We got pass that error now.

Now we fails the phpunit tests but ive disabled them for now but qunit tests need fixing ive disabled some in a patch but I think @Mattflaschen suggested we should fix the tests if possible without disabling. So I have included the assert.expect in ValueView and now some more errors show. But there are more qunit errors before that they are not showing since I disabled them for now.

Tests now disabled with https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/269310/
But there are still problems on merging into the REL1_25

20:05:20 Fetching upstream changes from git://gallium.wikimedia.org/mediawiki/core
20:05:20  > git --version # timeout=10
20:05:20  > git -c core.askpass=true fetch --tags --progress git://gallium.wikimedia.org/mediawiki/core refs/zuul/REL1_25/Z7230f22e00cd469b8f7fa8a877c2c9e3
20:15:20 ERROR: Timeout after 10 minutes
20:15:20 ERROR: Error fetching remote repo 'origin'
20:15:20 hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Failed to fetch from git://gallium.wikimedia.org/mediawiki/core
Umherirrender renamed this task from REL1_25 fails shared tests due to Wikidata: The module 'wikibase' required by 'wikibase.datamodel.__namespace' must exist to REL1_25 fails too merge due to timeout in mediawiki-core-php53lint.Feb 15 2016, 8:41 PM

@hashar I'm not sure what is happening here or why it is happening seems to have happend recently. Do you know how to fix it

Tests now disabled with https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/269310/
But there are still problems on merging into the REL1_25

20:05:20 Fetching upstream changes from git://gallium.wikimedia.org/mediawiki/core
20:05:20  > git --version # timeout=10
20:05:20  > git -c core.askpass=true fetch --tags --progress git://gallium.wikimedia.org/mediawiki/core refs/zuul/REL1_25/Z7230f22e00cd469b8f7fa8a877c2c9e3
20:15:20 ERROR: Timeout after 10 minutes
20:15:20 ERROR: Error fetching remote repo 'origin'
20:15:20 hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Failed to fetch from git://gallium.wikimedia.org/mediawiki/core

Please fill another task and do not hijack a task for a different issue.

hashar renamed this task from REL1_25 fails too merge due to timeout in mediawiki-core-php53lint to REL1_25 fails shared tests due to Wikidata: The module 'wikibase' required by 'wikibase.datamodel.__namespace' must exist.Feb 15 2016, 10:53 PM

So if REL1_25 pass the shared tests and Wikidata: The module 'wikibase' required by 'wikibase.datamodel.__namespace' must exist is no more an issue / blocker, I guess this task should be blocker.

If there are still other issues which are not due to wikibase.datamodel.__namespace, that should be another task.

Umherirrender closed this task as Resolved.Feb 16 2016, 7:17 PM
Umherirrender claimed this task.

patch sets now merged