This is a Ubuntu Precise + PHP 5.3 machine running MW. The next version of MW (1.27, scheduled for release in May) will not support PHP 5.3. I don't know if 5.5 has been backported to Precise but I guess we don't really want to leave the machine running Precise? I could do-release-upgrade to Trusty, or someone in ops could spin up a new VM (Jessie?).
email@example.com's password: ___________________________ < wikitech-static on jessie > < T126385 > --------------------------- \ \_______ v__v \ \ O ) (oo) ||----w | (__) || || \/\ Last login: Mon Mar 7 20:31:42 2016 from iron.wikimedia.org root@wikitech-static-jessie:~# hostname -s wikitech-static-jessie root@wikitech-static-jessie:~# hostname -f wikitech-static-jessie.wikimedia.org root@wikitech-static-jessie:~# for file in /etc/ssh/*_key.pub; do ssh-keygen -lf $file; done 1024 d8:03:ef:21:51:1d:3e:c1:d0:d3:1e:d6:f5:d7:6a:c6 /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key.pub (DSA) 256 33:32:b7:54:72:4b:79:ba:78:66:a4:8a:3f:5e:82:21 /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key.pub (ECDSA) 256 53:6f:f2:e6:b4:90:ff:59:d4:8b:76:6d:c9:1a:1a:ec /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ed25519_key.pub (ED25519) 2048 88:56:f0:3d:95:f7:cc:11:c2:3a:b2:f9:32:6b:4d:ce /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub (RSA)
Which key did you add to which user? On wikitech-static I have a separate (different from prod, different from labs) key for my own account (not root), and I don't have (/need) the root password. I haven't been able to log in to this.
- Copied my usual files across (basically what I have in prod puppet modules/admin/files/home/krenair), installed git (and bash-completion)
- Installed apache, copied apache config and SSL certificate, a2enmod ssl
- Figured out what I had to change about config to make it work in the new version - renamed site to have a .conf extension, a2enmod rewrite
- Copied the wikitech import cron across
- Copied MW config
- Set up new copy of MediaWiki (+vendor and cache dir ownership)
- Installed memcached and mysql-server-core-5.5/mysql-client-core-5.5
- Installed php5 (specifically, this is 5.6.17-0+deb8u1)
- Fiddled with apache config some more (Require all granted) to make this work under Apache 2.4
- Installed php5-mysql
- mysqldump on old machine, copy to new machine, create DB, mysql, set up wikiuser account
- Copy /srv/mediawiki/images over
also, MW extensions not running REL1_xx branches to be aware of: Validator is on 0.5.x and SMW/SRF are on 1.8.x
https://wikitech-static-jessie.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page (it uses the wikitech-static cert, so that will cause your browser to throw a security warning)
- Updated the hostname on the new host from wikitech-static-jessie to wikitech-static - the previous name no longer resolves and sudo was not happy about this
- Changed file permissions on dump import script to 755 so that it can actually be executed. This should hopefully fix importing.