Page MenuHomePhabricator

pywikibot broken on wikimedia labs
Closed, DuplicatePublic

Description

Currently the shared pywikibot seems nonexistent on labs, version file indicates an update at 12:06 utc today, but the rest of the framework seems to be erased.

Event Timeline

Alchimista raised the priority of this task from to High.
Alchimista updated the task description. (Show Details)
Alchimista added a project: Pywikibot.
Alchimista added a subscriber: Alchimista.
Restricted Application added subscribers: pywikibot-bugs-list, Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptFeb 11 2016, 9:04 PM
Jogo.obb added a project: Toolforge.
Jogo.obb set Security to None.
Restricted Application added a project: Cloud-Services. · View Herald TranscriptFeb 11 2016, 9:19 PM

I manually ran the crontab, and this seems to have fixed it (at least for now). The underlying issues seems to be something like this:

The code to update runs:

# Current version of core
cd /data/project/pywikibot/public_html/
rm -rf core/
git clone --depth 1 https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/pywikibot/core.git

but the log file reports

rm: cannot remove `core/pywikibot': Directory not empty
fatal: destination path 'core' already exists and is not an empty directory.

so somehow it can't delete all files (specifically, that version file?), and git clone refuses to clone into the non-empty directory.

Alchimista lowered the priority of this task from High to Low.Feb 11 2016, 10:03 PM

valhallasw re-ran the update crontab and seems to be working now. Letting open so far, to a post-mortem description of the bug cause.

OK, I think PR will fix the issue for now. Feel free to merge it. I know it's not best option possible. That's why I made some more changes but they are too radical to be deployed directly. So, I put it in here. Please check it and if you liked it, put it in the repo. New bash file. I think it has some issues with zipping files.

bd808 added a subscriber: bd808.Feb 23 2016, 6:30 AM

OK, I think PR will fix the issue for now. Feel free to merge it. I know it's not best option possible. That's why I made some more changes but they are too radical to be deployed directly. So, I put it in here. Please check it and if you liked it, put it in the repo. New bash file. I think it has some issues with zipping files.

The "fix" you have found looks like a workaround for T106170: Attribute cache issue with NFS on Trusty